9th April to 28th September
Open Tuesday to Saturday and Bank Holidays
11 am to 4 pm
Fascinating tours of the site and remains of the Roman circus led by our knowledgeable and enthusiastic volunteer guides. Meet at the Roman circus model in the Visitor Centre. Tickets can be purchased on the day from the guides.
- Tour Times: every Saturday at 12 noon and 1 pm (Other times by arrangement)
- Tour Prices: Adults £4.50 (includes an information leaflet), Under 16’s £2, Under 5’s FREE.
- Tour Duration: Between 50-60 minutes
VISITOR CENTRE & CAFÉ
- Free admission
- Indoor and outdoor displays
- Giant model of circus complete with thousands of spectators
- Digital displays with interactive content and animation
- Reconstructed base of the circus starting gates
- Circus remains in situ under glass
- Baby changing facilities
- Selection of children’s toys free for little ones to play with
- Café serving teas, coffees, cakes, sandwiches and light snacks.
- Parking in the centre including disabled parking. (To reach the centre by car, you need to approach from the Butt Road car park and drive the full length (300 m) of Roman Circus Walk where you will find yourself at the end of the drive in the Circus Centre.)
- Nearby public car parks within 5 – 7 minutes gentle walk. (Butt Road car park can be full up so the best one to use is the car park in Napier Road.
TOUR & TEA
For groups of 12 or more visitors. Begin with an introductory talk about the Roman circus, then see the starting gates and walk the site, followed by a buffet Afternoon Tea back at the Visitor Centre and Café. Please call 01206 501785 (option 6), or email email@example.com for prices and bookings.
SOCIETIES, GROUPS & CORPORATE ORGANISATIONS
- The Visitor Centre is available for hire out of opening hours. The large room can accommodate up to 100 people. Audio-visual facilities and light refreshments are available.
- For further details, please call 01206 501785 (option 6), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.