Explore the site of Britain’s only-known Roman circus…
DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF ROMAN CHARIOT RACING
FIND OUT HOW THE CIRCUS WAS DISCOVERED
What's on offer and when...
Wander around the circus site, browse in the centre,and relax in the gardens. And what's more, admission is free!
Looking for voluntary work? Then why not find out if you could help with the running and development of the Circus Centre or help the archaeologists in their work?
HOW TO FIND US
However you are coming - if it's by foot, car, bus, or train - this is what you need to know to find us! See you soon...
Opening hours for Centre, Gardens, and Tea Room
Winter opening hours
● The Centre and tearoom closed from Sunday 2nd October 2016 until Sunday 9th April 2017 when they will reopen again for the summer.
What's on offer over the winter 2016-2017
● Tours for groups of at least ten (£2 per person).
● 'Tea and a tour' for groups of at least ten (£9 per person)
● Visits from schools welcome by appointment. Guides and tailored presentations on request (but a fee normally applies).
● Centre available for hire by corporate organisations and societies.
Roman Circus Centre, Roman Circus House, Roman Circus Walk, Colchester.
Enquiries and bookings: 01206 501785.
Colchester Archaeological Trust website: